Saturday, February 7, 2009

19 radiation treatment days to go.

Hi All! Gary is just coming in from running around on Dave S's little bobcat. He's rearranging the snow around the property. Thanks Dave...Gar is really keeping busy now with a cool toy to play with! (smiling and shaking my head).

I woke up this past Monday and thought about how Gary is pretty much getting back to preXmass day activities. He's involved with some wood projects in the garage, fixing computers and camera equipment, looking at his ARC GIS material, and of course eating well. He and Ian have gone skiing and they shoveled the snow off the roof next door at Frank and Peg's.

I thought about all of this and then said to myself that there's one more thing that I bet he starts... He walked upstairs from the basement at that moment and I asked him what he was up to. He said he was mixing paints to get ready to resume working on his Jackson Hole, Teton painting. THAT WAS IT! He's now back to "Gary's World" again! Right Cindy??? Garage and basement projects, painting, mountain...it's all coming back together.

As of this week he still feels well. No headaches, nausea, fatigue. This morning he took a shower and it was the first time he noticed that his hair is starting to fall out. He asked me to please tell him if the back of his head starts showing bald spots. I promised him I would. His Chemo is still a nightly bedtime routine and will continue for quite a while even after he's done with radiation.

I know I keep going back to this, but the FOOD everyone is sending is unbelievably great! The rides have been the best too. Mostly it's good for me, because I don't know how much longer I can be nice to him while he's telling me how to drive. I mean honestly! I asked him if he wonders how I manage without him following me around to tell me what to do all day. He said he doesn't know how I manage:-[ SO...THANKS! REALLY;0

Jaynie is excited to leave in about 18 days for Geneva. She's working alot and saving her money. Ian just came snow shoeing with me and our puppy, Kona. It's such a nice spring like day today. It was 32 degrees earlier which is a heat wave after all of the below zero days the past few weeks. Anyone else burning through the wood like we are?

Have great rest of your weekend!
ME

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gary's family and friends. Since it looks like Gary is in the initial stages of treatment for GBM, I'd like to impress upon you to get involved with the GBM treatment community to learn more about the myriad treatments available. While Gary is doing radiation, you should read ASAP the following web page regarding radiosensitizers:

    http://treatingglioblastoma.com/treatment_radiosensitizers.htm

    Also review the information for Newly Diagnosed patients on this site. A good list of evidence-based treatments are documented at:

    www.brain-treatments.net

    Finally, to keep connected with the GBM treatment community, I suggest subscribing to a daily email discussion group, such as:

    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/brain-research/

    Best wishes,
    John Williams
    braintmr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete