Friday, January 16, 2009

Back Home -30 and a miracle

To bad negative double digits couldnt kill off tumors...because today would be a killer day for sure. How about that landing on the Hudson??? Miracles do happen!!!

Well, Doc Black confirmed that we are doing well to stay with Doc Penar and the team at Fletcher Allen at this point in Gary's process. I thanked him for his free 48 page download on dealing with Glioblastoma and he laughed. He hoped we were able to get through the whole thing. I assured him we did.
We had a nice time seeing my parents, my sister and her family as well as some old friends. I even got to watch my niece play hockey. She's in 9th grade and plays varsity. Unbelievable game!!!
Thanks Pam and Dave!! We love you guys! Mom thanks for the sweaters and pencils and Dad don't worry about the animals here. Good LUCK Courtney and Steve and have a blast in Argentina!!! Oh and BETZEE thanks for ALL you do on the home front!!!

We arrived home just in time for me to turn around and bring Jaynie and Ian to Montpelier to catch a 2:30 bus to Boston. They are driving with Pam and Dave and their family to my niece Courtney's wedding in Stamford, CT this weekend. Thank you Ann Louise for offering to drive them to the bus. As it turns out the bus didn't get to Montpelier until 4:30 and then they had to switch busses in White River due to engine failure. The new bus doors wouldn't shut...at that point it was so late to make their connection in Boston. Pam finally picked them up at South Station in Boston at 8:45 and they arrived at her house by 9pm. Not bad timing and good travel experience. I don't know how we survived without cell phones back in the day. I had play by play updates throughout the evening.

Time to brave the cold and get to work.
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment