Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Going to Boston

Hello All! Since the pot luck on Saturday Gary has gone to Fletcher Allen to meet with Dr. Penar for a post biopsy check up. Gary is doing well. He actually worked today for a few hours in the garage. Thanks to Dave Sullivan for transporting and transcribing meds for Gary. This afternoon Tom Scarf is bringing Gary to his first Oncology appt. at FAH. He is currently lined up for 2/22/09 in the evening for the first radiation appt. at FAH if that's where he decides to go. Gary put together an awesome notebook to carry all of his med records and notes that we will most likely need. This idea has been brought up by many experts and friends. Keeping organized records of this process saves lots of time and stress for all. Thanks to all who have been coming over to help with wood and also for all the awesome food. Yesterday morning I took Gary to his dentist for a cleaning, it's recommened to have this done before he starts treatments. Interesting huh? Not really;[
Tomorrow we go to Brigham and Women's in Beantown for a 2nd opinion. It's a little easier for me to think of Gary possibly going to Boston instead of the much recommended Dartmouth Hitchcock simply because I have so much family in the Boston area. A funny thing happened this a.m. on my way to work...I stopped at Petes aka the Mobil station across from Bishop Marshall to get some gum and Kerry works there. We worked together at Topnotch a few years ago. She told me she heard about Gary on the radio last night. I said WHAT!!?? Evidently WLVB received a packet of information requesting that the station make an announcement about Gary and his diagnosis along with the TD Banknorth trust fund. Who ever did that WOW! Thanks!
I called Gary and told him right away. He was really stunned. Thanks to everyone and I'll be sure to write from Boston in the evening when we get to my sister's house.
ME

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time blogging. Be gentle.
    As Rick was reading about your gum incident,Maryellen, he thought it sounded very Ferris Buelleresq. Next thing you know women dressed as nurses will have a bouquet of balloons singing a get well song to Gary.
    Anyway, it's great to see all of the support.
    Jen, I see your working on fund raisers. I just thought I would let you know I've spoken to some people in your area who would be happy to help. I could give let you know who I've spoken to and help with any of the details, just let me know.
    We'll be at the Sudols this weekend if you would like to talk.
    Thanks,
    Karen (Williams) Warwick, N.Y.
    pipco@warwick.net
    845-986-9808

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sudol's-
    Mom just told me about this blog-- what a great idea! We are thinking of you every day and are here if you need us. Pls call if you have extra time in Boston; I'd love to see you!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete